There was a Staples commercial a few years ago that stuck with me and I still remember it well. They may even still play it – I don’t know. Commercials aren’t popular in my house. The Remote Control Manager doesn’t allow them except on Super Bowl Sunday. Anyway, it showed a dad skipping through the aisles of Staples with his two kids drudging behind while “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year” played. I love that ad! Well . . . we’re there. Of course Shannon’s first day of school was bittersweet and full of all the emotions of new chapters and closed ones. In the end, though, the flurry of the school year starting is such a distraction that it already feels as though she’s an ol’ pro and hitting her stride. Still, it’s fun to hear everyday what new “adventure” she’s discovered. Things that have become routine with Emma and Joel are now new again – the lunch room, gym class, recess! And we love every tale Shannon tells each day.
Ranger has also hit his stride and settled into his own routine for now. He sees the kids off each day at the bus stop and then settles into his morning nap until lunch with mom. He’s still possessed with the challenge of conquering the evil penguin that plagues our house and I’m sure dreams of ridding the world of his arch enemy. The kids are still competitive for his attention and many evenings are spent sitting on the floor terrorizing the dog with hugs and toys held just out of reach. Interesting tidbit: Ranger despises the car. I’ve never had a dog that didn’t love car rides, so we’ll have to see if this is a learned behavior or not. Heaven knows he has plenty of soccer games in his future to attend!!
Have a great week everyone!!
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment