Monday, October 6, 2008

We’re getting closer and closer to this becoming a photo log, aren’t we? Sorry – the calendar’s been a little jammed lately. Nothing that wasn’t totally fulfilling and enjoyable – just, well . . . busy. Last weekend was unbelievably exhausting, so this weekend was only marginally numbing by comparison. I’ll spare you the details and just give you the highlights.

The girls competed their highland dancing in Chelsea, MI last Saturday. They both did wonderfully – it was a tough competition and both girls placed in some or all of their dances. Chelsea’s not exactly around the corner, so the 4:45am start may have had some effect on the group. I know it played a role later that evening for Joel and me as we tried to put party hats on for a friend. I really just wanted to pull up a party pillow at that point . . . but with the help of a little caffeine we did it. Okay, maybe more than a little caffeine.

The big highlight this weekend was Emma singing the national anthem with her school choir at the Adams High School Highlander homecoming game on Friday night. Very cool experience! (Never mind the fact that I allowed it to occur on the field of my alma mater’s arch enemy.) I’m sure she’ll never forget it – there were nearly 800 people at the pizza party for performers alone. Wow – what a production! Check out the photo of Emma striking a pose just before performing. Yeah – she’s a bundle of nerves that one. (Ha!! I don’t think Emma’s ever met a jitter.)

Last weekend wasn’t completely void of soccer of course, but this weekend trumped it with three soccer games back-to-back-to-back Friday through Sunday. JB’s team has really come together and is enjoying some success in their league. JB is especially finding his role on the field and having a great time. They came back from a 2-0 deficit yesterday to win the game 2-3 in a nail biter. Complete with a penalty kick scored by Joel. Even Emma watched that one! It was big fun.

We visited with “downriver” family last weekend which is always nice. Also last weekend, we partied with “east side” friends for a very special birthday, and rocked out with “hometown” friends at a concert yesterday. Soon we’ll travel to the “west side” (of the state) to reconnect with friends there too. I feel like a real live version of “Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?” If we haven’t seen you in a while, I don’t know how with all the ground we’ve covered . . . but chances are we’ll be there soon. I’ll keep taking pictures – or delegating that – and will do my best to keep the news up to date on the blog. Send hate mail if you must. Or send caffeine if you care. :)

No comments: