Sunday, November 16, 2008

Well, I am going to give this blog thing a shot. I just wanted a chance to thank Jennifer for all her hard work on my 40th birthday party. She made unbelievable yummy food, got a wonderful cake, and was an excellent host to our guests. I am also so thankful for all the friends who were at the party, because it was a great mix of high school friends, neighborhood friends, and new friends from soccer. Our family is truly blessed. I only regret that distance sometimes keeps us from dear friends. Besides, all that could not make the party will never have the once in lifetime opportunity to let Shannon lead them on a tour of our new house. It was great time. The kids were so happy for their parents to have a party for my birthday. The smiles on their faces were priceless.
After reflecting on all my family, friendships, and my life in general as you do when you reach my age, I am reminded that Our God is an awesome God. I started to think of all the blessings that should be mentioned here, but one thought started to sum them all up for me, “I am blessed because God blesses me with all I need and not by what I deserve.”
I am not as loquacious as my wife, so this is brief. Have a great week and GO GREEN!!!

No comments: