Sunday, May 4, 2008

The rain managed to stay away for one hour on Saturday - the exact hour of JB's soccer game. And what a game it was. Joel's undefeated team of three seasons was disbanded this year as his teammates and he entered a different league - one which purposely evens out the talent. So this weekend Joel played against a team that had one of his buddies from that powerhouse and it made for a great game! Which was great for me because I was fortunate enough to see it, and since the rain held off, I actually got to see it from the sidelines and not from the front seat of the car. Emma had a dance competition in Windsor which required no costume changes (a rare thing) and so we took the opportunity to "swap" typical duties and Dad accompanied Emma to Canada while I took in the soccer.
The photos of Joel playing soccer are stills captured from video. A skill I've only just taught myself in the last two hours. (!) And I know now there's a lot more to learn. Mostly for sharpening and resolution. But I think these will do nicely for this week. I tried to capture some action as well as some "mood" shots. This one above is what JB looks like when he isn't laughing or celebrating. He truly loves this game.
It really was a low-key week. Busy, but not stressful. One of the highlights was Emma's 4th grade musical at school of "The Princess and the Pea" in which she was an understudy and villager. She didn't get to exercise her understudy chops but seemed to have a ball (ha ha) as a villager. The director let the seven understudies write the words to a song to be played after the final curtain in which they sing of the raw deal and understudy is given. It was a stitch! They nailed it and had everyone in the audience laughing. Blogger won't allow too much in the way of uploading video - the size restrictions are ridiculously small. But you can catch a glimpse of her onstage by clicking on the video below. Don't ask where the audio is - I just can't win with this video stuff. But you get the idea anyway. It was big fun watching her first production! :)

We're off to a wedding this weekend - the first of four we have this year! So it should be a festive week. Spring is official - I pruned roses, pulled a couple weeds, and Joel cut the grass. Having initiated that is both exciting and daunting, knowing of the many weeds to come!

Have a wonderful Mother's Day everyone!!

No comments: