We had a “some kind of wonderful” Mother’s Day weekend! We started the celebrations by going to our cousin Erin’s wedding on Saturday and it was absolutely beautiful. If you were around this area on Saturday, you know what a picture-perfect day it was complete with a brilliant blue sky with just the right amount of white puffy clouds – perfect for a riverside, lighthouse wedding. Absolutely gorgeous! Of course, thanks to MDOT and their continuing “effort” on I-75 we were late arriving downriver and caught only the last few moments of the wedding ceremony. But we did get there and then scooted off to the reception. The kids had a blast dancing the night away before their coach turned into a pumpkin and all three did their very best “But moooooooommmmm . . .” and “But daaaaaaaaaaadd . . .” speeches to date in protest of leaving.But what would a weekend with this family be if it weren’t packed to the gills with events, right? So . . . you guessed it . . . we had to turn in earlier than everyone wanted to because we were up at the crack of dawn on Sunday for choir performances at church. Yes, you read that right – I said “performances.” Plural. And to make it interesting . . . let’s have both kids singing at the exact same time but in different worship services. What’s a mom to do? On Mother’s Day, a mom does NOT pick a favorite child. So what a mom does is start in one service and then quietly sneak out before even more quietly sneaking into the other service to catch the tail-end of the other child’s singing. In all seriousness though, it was really nice and the kids did a fantastic job as usual. Next year all three kids will be in choirs, though, so I mig
ht have to hire seat fillers like they do at the Oscars.Sunday was not so picture-perfect as far as the weather goes, but it was a wonderful Mother’s Day nonetheless. The kids were supposed to catch the Tigers/Yankees game with my parents, but thanks to the slowest moving rain system I’ve ever seen God decided to water the plants instead. All day long. So we all headed to the movie theater instead, and then off to a delicious dinner. I suppose the rain makes for a future Mother’s Day Part II at some point when the game is rescheduled, right? (You like how I worked that? Clever, huh??)
Oh, and I would be remiss if I forgot to mention one very important highlight to JB’s weekend. (Okay – probably the highlight.) Saturday morning’s soccer game was a nail-biter. The score was comfortably 3-1 at one point, but then crept to 3-3, and then 4-4. In a bend-it-like-Beckham move that I cannot believe I didn’t catch on video, JB finessed a shot arching over the goalie’s fingertips above his head and into the back corner of the goal for the game-winning shot. It was pretty cool. No wonder he was bopping around the dance floor that night! (And ladies, his Electric Slide is coming along quite nicely, thank-you-very-much.)

So all-in-all, it was truly wonderful.
Next week: Friends and kids and camping – oh my!
No comments:
Post a Comment