Sunday, March 2, 2008

Highlight: Emma

I was scraping to find some photos for this week's entry and decided to check Emma's camera for material. While scanning 116 photos (!) which she has saved on her camera, I came across some really good ones of her that aren't from this week but are fairly recent. This is a great one of Emma at Build-A-Bear which was a reward she earned through schoolwork. Here she is stuffing and dressing her latest stuffed buddy which she named Bindi. I don't think this was the last time Emma will visit this store. She had a great time and I'm sure she'll want to earn this trip again.


Another photo is of Emma meeting her latest cousin Nora Jane at Christmas-time. Nora is the first child of our cousins Sara and Andre. We don't get to see them very often so it was a great treat to meet little Nora and even though Emma isn't looking directly at the camera, I think it still captures her excitement in holding Nora.


We had the delight of hearing Emma's choir sing this morning in church again - which is always a treat. This photo is from Christmas-time I think, but here is her troop with her brilliant director whom Emma truly enjoys. Emma is in the front row closest to her director, Mr. Miller.
Lastly, to stick to the "Emma" theme - I have mentioned earlier that Emma has a new interest in photography and when the batteries aren't dead her camera is usually not far from her if not attached to her wrist. The result is she can sometimes catch one of us doing something spontaneous and whimisical - or even downright embarrassing. This photo represents all three and is one she snapped of me in an inexplicable outfit. (Seriously, don't ask.) So this is a highlight of Emma behind the camera instead of in front.
This could prove to be a useful format for the blog. When events are light I might just pick a few photos of one of the kids and highlight their latest news. Joel and I simply aren't that exciting of people to have news each week. Shocking, I know. Of course I could include photos of laundry and dirty dishes and shoveling snow, but I think we'll spare you the excitement. :)
Joel's off to California this weekend and I have a ridiculously busy weekend ahead . . . so I might miss a week on the blog. If so, look for highlights from California when he returns and stories of exhaustion from me. (What else is new, right?)
Have a wonderful week! And happy birthday to my brother Chris!! We had a great web-call with him today which was really nice. I love the Jetsons' age!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice butt!!!