Sunday, March 30, 2008

How do you say Halleluiah in Spanish? I don’t know either but if we did I bet they could hear us all the way to Barcelona tonight. Emma’s project on Spain is DONE!!! It took three months and she is handing it in tomorrow and giving her oral presentation to her class tomorrow! Wow – what a trip this has been. Believe me, the whole family is rejoicing the end of this project. Congrats to Emma though for all her hard work. The photo you see is of her “doll” that was one of the required elements of the report. She had to dress this wooden figure in a native costume of her assigned country. I snapped this photo before she drew the face on, but I think you can appreciate the challenge this was. Needless to say, I am not the craftiest person in the world. So while I’m sure moms all over Rochester were whipping out their Viking sewing machines, Emma and I were gluing felt together with plain ol’ Elmer’s glue. Some things you just never let go of.

My dad treated the kids to a trip to the Detroit Science Center last week during Easter break. We all had a great time – I haven’t been there since eighth grade! I have to say it was nice to have a 1:1 ratio so that we could all dive into whatever activity appealed to each kid. Shannon LOVED the simulated factory pouring molten metal, putting gears together, using the forklift. JB loved the IMAX movie and especially the “jam room” which was a sound studio with drums, electric guitars and other instruments. Emma spent a lot of time on the body section. You know – blood, arteries, veins, muscles, etc. All the things any girl dreams of. Yes, this is the child that gives herself her own shots at the doctor’s office while her mother covers her eyes and shakes like a leaf.

Somehow I missed all the photos of the kids’ Easter egg hunt on Easter afternoon. Joel and I hid 75 eggs around the house – since it was around 35 degrees outside. We’re still working our way through the jelly beans. And speaking of missing things, I’m not going to list happy birthday wishes on here anymore because I’m bound to forget someone and I just wouldn’t be able to handle the guilt. Better to bow out now unscathed.

Other than that, we had a very relaxing break and everyone’s tucked in bed and ready for their return to school tomorrow. JB had his second grade music concert just before break and I’m trying to get the video uploaded, but I may be in over my head. He celebrates his 8th birthday this Friday. So look for photos from those festivities next week.

I hope everyone enjoyed a beautiful Easter. I was checking out the forsythia, dogwood and magnolia tree today. We’re almost there. The halleluiahs just keep on comin’!

No comments: